A wedding photo booth is a fun and interactive way to capture memories from your big day. Not only do they provide entertainment for your guests, but they also produce high-quality prints that can serve as memories for years to come. However, with so many different options available, it can be difficult to determine how much you should budget for a wedding photo booth. In this guide, we’ll break down wedding photo booth prices in the United States and help you make an informed decision.
Types of Wedding Photo Booths
There are several types of wedding photo booths to choose from, each with its own set of features and price points. The most popular options include the following:
- Open-air photo booth: This type of booth features a backdrop and props but no enclosure. They’re typically less expensive than enclosed booths and can accommodate larger groups of people.
- Enclosed photo booth: These booths are fully enclosed, allowing guests to take photos in private. They often have customizable backdrops and props but can be more expensive than open-air booths.
- Mirror photo booth: These booths use a touchscreen mirror to take photos and often come with interactive features like animations and emojis. They’re typically more expensive than other types of booths but can provide a unique and memorable experience.
- GIF booth: GIF booths take a series of photos that are then combined into a short, looping animation. They’re often less expensive than traditional photo booths and can be a fun way to capture candid moments.
Wedding Photo Booth Prices
The cost of a wedding photo booth can vary widely depending on several factors, including the booth type, the length of time it’s rented for, and the location. On average, you can expect to pay between $500 and $1,000 for a wedding photo booth rental in the United States.
Open-air photo booths are typically the least expensive option, with prices ranging from $500 to $700 for a four-hour rental. Enclosed photo booths are usually a bit more expensive, ranging from $700 to $1,000 for a four-hour rental.
Mirror photo booths are the most expensive option, with prices ranging from $1,000 to $1,500 for a four-hour rental. GIF booths are usually the least expensive option, from $300 to $500 for a four-hour rental.
In addition to the rental fee, there may be additional costs to consider when renting a wedding photo booth. These can include:
- Props: Professional photo booth rental companies include props like hats, glasses, and signs, while some may charge extra for them.
- Custom backdrops: If you want a custom backdrop with your wedding date or monogram, there may be an additional fee.
- Prints: Many rental companies include unlimited prints with their packages, but some may charge extra for additional prints.
- Travel fees: If your wedding is outside of the rental company’s service area, there may be additional travel fees.
A wedding photo booth can be a fun and memorable addition to your big day, but it’s important to consider the costs when planning your budget. By understanding the different types of photo booths and their price points, you can make an informed decision and choose the option that best fits your needs and budget.